Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Server Coming Soon

Update: Tuesday night 5-May. I couldn;t solve the speed problem so started all over again with a different server located at a different place. FIG is running again now at normal speed.

I now have to finish transferring the font library, test everything, and switch DNS to the new server. FIG should be back online by end of this week.

Update: Sunday night 3-May . I have FIG set up and "running" on the new server. Its a virtual dedicated server provided by a hosting company. Only problem is that for some reason ImageMagick is taking between one and two minutes to generate a simple image. I've been working with the tech support staff to resolve the issue but no luck yet. You would think it easy to find a problem where an image that should be generated in less than one second takes 2 minutes.

Any server admins out there want to lend a hand? I could use some help.

~Jeff

FIG will reopen soon on a new server. I've just started setting up FIG on a new server as will reopen ASAP. Hopefully I'll be able to undo the changes made trying to keep the site alive on the old host and the site will run faster too.

I don't know much about setting up a server so this will take a bit of time.

Stay tuned here and to the site for updates.

~Jeff

2 comments:

  1. I Miss the NEW SERVER.. the old one is just way to slow and doesnt do what the new one did..

    thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN NOT wait till the NEE one is up and running again.. i cant not do nothing on the old one is just runs soo slow and it just doesn't do what the new one does..

    thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete